Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Kugler House Craziness

Ahhhh, the life of two kids. Less time, less sleep, and probably less sanity. Ever mainly just eats and sleeps, except at night of course. Since she started her life out of the hospital with a 10 hour car ride I knew this was probably going to happen. Fortunately we have her back on schedule and last night she was only up twice. As for Easton, he loves the hell out of his baby sister. Truly. So much that he has already tried to give her a ride in his dump truck and is constantly trying to take her outside to slide. I can't take my eyes off that one for more than a second. But he is such a kind, loving big brother and I am grateful for that. He can't get enough of holding and kissing and snuggling with "his baby". And I am glad he is nice to SOMEONE in this house, because lately his attitude has been less than satisfactory. But as I have been warned by every other parent of two kids or more on the planet, it was much anticipated. After a month and a half of his little world being rocked and now me coming home with a baby, I definitely knew it was coming. But after this journey, I welcome all of it. The tantrums, the sleepless nights, the diapers, everything.



Lee is back at work full time now and they are already in the field. When he was home with Easton while I was in the hospital, he still went to work but only for several hours a day and he would take Easton with him. We are so lucky for his incredible bosses and that they were so great about our situation. And of course, at the farm with his dad is exactly where Easton wants to be.

As for me, I'm busy being a mom of two, a wife, and am once again working hard to reclaim my "skinny bitch" status for the last time. I've been whipping up all kinds of quick, easy, and delicious low point creations. I didn't gain much weight while I was pregnant and am not far from my goal weight (like 8 or so pounds to go), but I realize now more than ever that I am just not "ok" with being overweight anymore. Not that anybody is ever "ok" with it. It's just one of those little roadblocks that gets in the way of my life, health, and happiness and so since Ever got here I have been on a mission to conquer it one last time.

Weight, food, obesity.. When I hear stories of people struggling, they all nail me right in the heart. I've been there. I know what it's like to get in to a car with a bunch of friends and have to suffer the humiliation of the seatbelt not fitting. To have to listen to consant snickers and rude jokes. To have to special order all my clothes and pay 3 times as much for them because I can't walk in to a regular store and find anything that fits. Which is probably why I've made it my personal mission to pay my new lifestyle forward in any way I possibly can. And because of that, I thought I would share a few of my latest creations with you. Because being healthy does NOT mean you are subject to a life of dry lettuce and carrot sticks!!!


Mushrooms stuffed with a Laughing Cow cheese wedge, any flavor. Top with a mixture of bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and spray butter. Bake for about 15 minutes. Delicious and only 1 point for those of you fellow Weight Watchers!


Laughing Cow cinnamon cream cheese stuffed inside wonton wrappers, one of my most brilliant creations yet! I baked them at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. The entire plate (with strawberries and ff whipped cream) was 4 points!


And last but not least, a new favorite in our house. 3-2-1 cake! You take one angel food cake mix and combine it with any other flavor of your choice and store in a ziplock bag. When you feel like cake mix 3 tablespoons of the mix, 2 tablespoons of water, and microwave for 1 minute (3-2-1) and it is 2 points! I love to eat it warm right out of the microwave with fruit and ff whip. Seriously, food this decadent AND healthy just seems so naughty! Hope you all enjoy it as much as we do!

So yes.. my life is a heck of a lot more crazy. My house is messy. I have bags under my eyes and sometimes feel like I'm running entirely on coffee. And I couldn't be happier. Our house is full of noise and snuggles and kisses and love. And I know I am one of the luckiest women on the entire planet. Until next time.. <3

1 comment:

Dania said...

I'm just catching up on reading your blog! Its absolutely amazing to see this miracle right before my eyes. I know that craziness Of kids and mess and how LOVE is the most important element! As far as your weight loss, it's something that continues to inspire me! I'm looking forward to getting this weight off once my princess is born! Thank you for sharing your life with us complete strangers! You are awesome!