Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies."-Mother Teresa

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"-Mother Teresa

This statement could not be any more true to my life. I should have realized it long ago. Of course I've always looked at myself to be a strong person. Like Ever, I found myself fighting for my life at a very young age when my family discovered at 8 months old I had spinal meningitus. Strength and determination has always been very much a part of me. And then I had babies. It was after Easton that I finally found the fight and drive to conquer my life long struggle with morbid obesity. I was doing it for myself, but I was doing it for him more than anything. I needed to be healthy FOR HIM..to pass on healthy habits to him, to make sure I'm around for him for a very long time. He brought out a strength in me I didn't even know I had.

And now here I am with Ever. I've already eliminated the word "can't" from my vocabulary long ago, but she brings a whole new meaning to the word "possible". Here is this teeny tiny little baby beating odds left and right and she doesn't even know it yet. If she can do THAT in all her 14 days then I know for certain we can do anything life throws at us. So yes, the root of my strength lies in two very small things--my children. My life, my world, my fight, my determination, my happiness, my drive..my everything.

Today Ever is doing absolutely everything on her own. No more scheduled feedings, no more tubes, no more bottles, no more constant monitoring. When she is hungry I nurse her. She is up to full feeds and full capacity in her belly. I just met with the lady who is drawing up her discharge information. She has already made an appointment BACK HOME with her pediatrician for next week. Yes, leaving is a definite reality now. Two more days or so and I will be on my way home with our little statistic-crushing miracle. I could just cry. Cry with relief, cry with happiness, cry with triumph. We did it. We beat this. And in record time. So for those of you facing challenges in your life.. always remember to have faith in the small things. With God ALL things are possible. Until next time.. <3

No comments: