Friday, April 6, 2012

I feel a full moon coming on..

One month ago today we brought a little miracle in to this world. And two weeks later we got to bring her home. It's funny how the memories of the hospital will forever be seared in to my brain like it just happened yesterday, but it feels like an eternity has passed since then.



Our blog has taken a bit of a backseat to life, but I'm ok with that. Every day I wake up knowing that these early years of my children are going to be gone before I know it so every day I make it my priority to make the most of every day. Of all the lessons I took home with me from the hospital, that may have been the most imortant one. I recently came across a quote that said you should never grumble about getting old because it's something that is denied to many. How sad and how true is that. Which is exactly why we should live every day like its our last.

Easton got a haircut!


3 am giggles


Since coming home, we have finally gotten back to a fairly normal routine. Easton is back to his happy, normal self. Well, he was.. and then yesterday happened. It was 7:30 am when he came out in the living room (dressed in pajamas and boots, dragging his blanket behind him) and declared that he was "Going to work." Awesome. This should have tipped me off. By 10 am he had flushed an entire roll of toilet paper down the toilet, emptied a full salt shaker on his bedroom floor, and filled his tractor trailer with olive oil, which managed to leak all over my kitchen floor. I love my son more than words can say, but by 10 am yesterday I was ready to send him outside to play and lock the door behind him. About that time the UPS man showed up with a new delivery of k cups I'd ordered, surely a direct sign from the coffee Gods who knew I would otherwise likely resort to vodka before noon. Clearly the full moon is coming because this was exceptional behavior, even for a 2 year old--and not in a good way. Fortunately today is a new day and so far so good. The horns have not yet come out, but then again the day is young.

This weekend has big things in store. Auntie L is coming home, the circus is in town (which we may or may not partake in--that will all depend on whether or not my son decides to put the horns away for awhile), coloring Easter eggs, and Easter at Nana Lucy's on Sunday. I even tried my hand at making some fun Easter treats yesterday, and they turned out great. Sorry for you Weight Watchers that follow, I didn't "lighten" this one or figure points. We all gotta live a little sometime, right? :)



I would also like to take a moment to thank all of you for all the incredibly wonderful things you've done--the cards, the messages, the gifts, the letters.. They all mean so much. I am humbled every day over and over again to discouver the lives Little Miss Ever has touched. One day last week we had a shipment arrive--a brand new pink car seat, stroller, bouncer, 2 cases of diapers, and 17 outfits. They came from Noah in Califnornia, a wonderful man who followed Ever's story.. and we have never even met him. We had a car seat for her, Easton's old one--which was green and yellow--and Noah told us a little girl just can't have a green and yellow car seat. How does one even begin to thank somebody for that? My eyes still fill with tears every time I think about it. Words can not even express how much you have all touched my heart in following our story.


If there is anything I want people to take from this its a) always have hope--miracles ARE possible, I watched one happen right before my very eyes and b) never take your children and your blessings for granted. I wish you all a happy and blessed Easter weekend! Until next time.. <3

No comments: