Monday, March 12, 2012

Small town girls in the big city..

What a nice past two days we've had! Yesterday Erica came to visit--thank God. I think I was even in worse shape than I thought. It was so nice to have company. As many of you know (or may not know), Erica is my good friend who in the past year lost 100 pounds after being inspired by my journey. I have friends and then I have Erica. We hit it off the very first time we met (she was Lee's old neighbor and I thank God every day for that!), but our weightloss journeys have given us an even greater bond. Few people could ever understand, because I know few people who "did what we did". Not only did we lose weight but we did it the exact same way--healthy eating and exercise. The hard way. The real way. She is strong..a figher, a champion. Which is why she will make the perfect Godmother for our little Ever.

How awesome is this girl?!





While Erica was here we decided to go out on a little adventure.. well, just to grab something to eat but it was nice to breathe some fresh air and get the smell of hospital out of my nostrils. And what an adventure we had! It made us decide that we need to invent the "GPS for women"--one that tells you when to turn in "girl terms" rather than "in 300 yards.." And what the hell happened to restaurants with PARKING LOTS? Really. Everything is parking garages and meters and God knows that is far too scary for us. So we just kept on driving (in circles probably) until we found a restaurant with a parking lot. Yes, us small town girls come all the way to Minneapolis and find ourselves having a "wild night out" at Buffalo Wild Wings of all places. Aren't we just funny. I seriously contemplated ordering a beer but then found out that they now have over 100+ different Coke products there. How freaking COOL is that?! Grape Sprite is pretty much the greatest invention ever, they totally need to bottle that stuff! Oh the things it takes to please us small town girls..

As for little Miss Ever, she is doing seriously incredible. I know I keep saying that every day and I keep wondering how she could possibly surprise me again tomorrow but then I'm sure I will find out in the morning just like every day up until now. Today's surprise when I got here was a swing. I came in early this morning to be here when the doctor that was on today made her rounds and there she was swinging away. And another BIG milestone today--she pooped! Yes, I know that's probably gross and TMI but in this case that is exactly what we are waiting for. All we need is a few more before we can start feeds so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!


Another crazy thing that happened today--they put her on her belly for a little tummy time and while she was hanging out she LIFTED HER HEAD and turned to the other side. The nurse was like "Holy crap!" We thought it was just a fluke but then she just kept on doing it. She lays on one side and when she gets sick of it, she lifts her head and faces the other way. We generally find out when she does this because that causes the pacifier to fall out so then she starts hollering away until we put it back in. She's quite the kid, this one. I'm learning it's Ever's way or no way. I think this mama might be in for it! Until next time.. <3


1 comment:

Dania said...

Everyday I come on here to read your posts. I'm so overwhelmed by Ever and the miracle that she is. Although I don't know you in person, but I'm thankful to God that I met you through WW. God has great plans for Ever and I am so excited about that. You have so many people praying for you. Thanks for sharing your family with the world! You rock!!