Finally, we are home! My family is back together! I could hear Easton's laughter and excitement before I even got in the house. Boy have I missed those giggles! We also had even more excitement when we finally got to see Ever's new bedding. You remember, the bedding that her dad insisted on picking out for her. Yes, I know you are all just dying to see the results of THAT--I myself couldn't open her bedroom door fast enough. And boy did I sure get a surprise when I opened it!







Yes folks, my husband not only picked out her bedding all by himself but he also (with the help of our good friend Sarah) decorated her entire nursery. And it looks absolutely amazing. I have the greatest husband.. and the greatest friends. Tonight I feel so lucky.
And while I am so happy to have my family all back together, my heart is hurting for another family. On our way home I received some terrible news that a (much too young) girl from my hometown was killed in an awful accident. These tragic events in Garrison have just become far too frequent. After the past few weeks, I am sure to take the time to count my blessings every single day. After some of the things we've witnessed in these weeks (and months)--children with terrible illnesses from cancer to things I've never even heard of that don't have good odds, babies who are born weighing barely a pound, parents who have been in the NICU for months, parents losing children--what we just faced seems so minor. And now this. No parent should ever have to endure the agony of losing a child. So I ask you all tonight to say a little prayer for that family. For all of those suffering parents and children of the world. For those parents who have lost children. Hug your kids a little tighter, a little longer..and always remember to count your blessings. Until next time.. <3
1 comment:
This is totally awesome! Very happy for you and your family!
Post a Comment