No new pictures today and not much news to report either. It's funny how if I don't blog at least every 24 hours I start to catch hell from our loyal followers. When I came here I decided blogging was going to be the best way to keep everyone informed without having to make a million phone calls, but over time this blog has more or less become my journal. I never dreamed it would get so much response or so many followers, but I can't say enough how grateful we are to have you all along for the ride. I am starting to get a little nervous about the days ahead, though, because my news is getting less juicy by the day. Especially now that we're in what we hope to be the "home stretch" of it all, I don't know how I will be able to keep you all entertained. :)
Today Lee got up early and came over to spend the morning and part of the afternoon with Ever while I stayed back at the RMcD house to spend my last day with Easton and catch up on laundry. He has already done SO MUCH through all of this, the least I could do is send him home with clean laundry. I was going to try and keep them here as long as I possibly could, but now that we've learned we will likely be following not far behind them it seems ok to "let them go tomorrow". Easton has done so well being here, but I still feel bad having his schedule so thrown off by living out of a suitcase. Lord knows even I am sick of living out of a suitcase. We are the type of parents who when he was born we altered our lives to accomodate his schedule and not the other way around. We've tried to follow that as closely as we can. If we want to go out to an event that will keep him up way past his bed time we either get a sitter or leave early enough so his bed time is still close to the same as always. Of course there are always exceptions but keeping him on a pretty decent schedule makes for a happy boy and that makes for happy parents, so its a win all the way around.
After spending the morning enjoying the beautiful weather on the playground and lots of quality time in the awesome castle (which Lee just informed me somebody paid $30,000 for and then donated so it's new to the house-how awesome is that?!), we had lunch and then headed up to our room for some Mickey and a nap. We really love where we are staying but the only problem right now is it is HOT (not that I'm complaining, it's BEAUTIFUL outside!). I don't think anybody was expecting 82 degrees in Minneapolis in the middle of March, certainly not us. So of course we packed mainly jeans, long sleeved t shirts, and sweatshirts. Our room is on the 3rd floor so we've kept the shades drawn so it stays dark in there just to help keep the heat down a little bit. I'm not sure it's helping and I'm thinking if this keeps up much longer they'll end up turning the air on. When we're in the room I just let Easton run around with no pants on because the poor kid is like a little human furnace. I also have nothing but warm things for Ever--thick, heavy blankets, an insulated car seat cover, fuzzy outfits.. Hmmm, perhaps I will have to go shopping to buy her something to wear home. How unfurtunate that I have to go shopping for teeny, tiny cute PINK things, right? Haha! Although this is quite a change from my world of dirt and tractors, I don't even know where to start with GIRL stuff!
As for our little fighter, she just keeps pushing right along. She apparently has the same mind set I do--fight through it and look back later. At this point we have had absolutely nothing but continued progress with no bumps in the road, knock on wood. As I mentioned before we are expecting to be up to full feeds within the next couple days. After that we will need to "hang around" for a day or two to make sure all is functioning properly with no issues and then its HOME BOUND for us. And I can not WAIT! Until next time.. <3
1 comment:
I like your family pictures and you continue to put me in awe with your updates! So glad you could all spend time together and soon, that will be for good! May God continue to bless you and your family.
Patty and family
Post a Comment