When I got here I found the Little Miss decked out in her first camo outfit that Don and Loretta brought for her. Of course Dad loved this. When I was pregnant I kept making jokes that I was going to be in big trouble if I had a girl since I already have the most accessorized boy on the planet. Well, something tells me this is going to be even harder for her dad than it is for me. When he left last weekend he asked me if he could choose her bedding for her new room. I asked him what he had in mind and he said he really wanted it to be a surprise, he just wanted the ok to do it on his own. Now moms, I know what you're thinking--that you would never in a million years trust your husband to choose your new daughter's nursery decor without any input from you. HOWEVER, how could I tell him no? Here is this man with this brand new daughter--the daughter he has wanted since even before marriage and the excitement in his eyes over picking out her new bedding was just something I couldn't bring myself to extinguish. And after all, it is only bedding. Even if it ends up to be something I'm not crazy about, it is totally worth it to see my husband so happy. But I won't lie, I am terrified for the day that she asks him for his credit card because I know damn well his powers against that face are going to be entirely useless. He may have to get a second job just to support his inability to tell his daughter no.. :)

A little earlier I got to give Ever her first bath. And of course she HATED it, which she proudly let the entire 3rd floor know. No question those lungs of hers definitely work. I gave her a bottle afterward and I still can't get over how just a couple days ago she was only able to eat less than a nipple full of milk and now she is up to a half a bottle. Dr. Mulrooney just rounded and it sounds like we're going to start working on breast feeding hopefully tomorrow. We are now at about 3/4 capacity in her belly which is AMAZING and we don't want to throw that progress off. So we'll get her up there and then work on the nursing. Good thing, pumping is a pain in the ass. It will be nice to not have to do it so often. Kudos to all you full time working/pumping mothers out there. I'm NOT a fan of it. I was lucky enough that though I nursed the full year I rarely had to pump with Easton, which is a good thing since the stubborn little guy decided at 3 months that bottles just weren't his thing and refused to ever take one again. Holding a sippy cup just right for a 4 month old to be able to drink is all kinds of fun, let me tell you. They also had to send a bunch of my milk home with Lee, which I'm sure you guys are all delighted that I'm sharing with you. The nurses were telling me the other day that since we live so far away they can't make us take any of the milk home like a lot of the other mothers here, but that they've been needing a second freezer for some time now and since I'm producing so much that will likely be the push they need to get it. Awesome, glad my ridiculous milk supply could score you guys a new freezer. I'm pretty sure at this point I could feed the entire NICU, but hey--at least we know Ever won't starve, right?
Until next time.. <3
2 comments:
she always has a bit of a smirk on her face LOL
The last part makes me laugh. When Liam was in the NICU they told me to count my "milk supply blessings" because I could have fed every baby in there. But it was probably because I was a super freak about not letting them give him any formula....Granola mom power :)
It makes my heart so so SO happy that Ever is just a BA and shattering every prediction they had. Hope to see you home in W-town VERY soon.
-Kari
Post a Comment