Our daughter, Miss Ever Lucy Kugler, is a miracle. She is stronger for all her 13 days than she could possibly ever know. Last night I was so excited because I got to give her the biggest bottle she'd gotten to date. She sucked it down like a champ, as always. This morning marked the day that we would have a new doctor rounding, which I was nervous about. We have grown to love Dr. Mulrooney so much and we were spoiled right away by learning he'd be with Ever for the majority of her first two weeks of life, which was pure luck on our part. He assured me last night that I would love our new doctor. Dr. Perdue was his classmate in med school and he told me that they have very much the same style when it comes to their practice. He also informed me that he would be going to nights and that he still had every intention of stopping in on his night rounds to check on Ever. I repeat--we love him.
And he was right, I knew immediately upon meeting Dr. Perdue this morning that she was going to be a good fit for us and if we had to have a different doctor rounding I'm definitely glad it was her. She looked Ever over and informed me that I would be starting nursing immediately at her next feed--YES!
I'm posting a picture of this big milestone because though the "other milestone" is bigger, I don't believe the world needs to see a picture of THAT. :)

Nursing went perfectly, as I had hoped. Our nurse was coming around behind the curtain to "help me get situated" and Ever was already well in to her meal. The nurse just chuckled and said, "Is there ANYTHING this baby can't do? Maybe you should take her to try her hand at the SAT's while you're at it!" That's our little champ, going above and beyond what anybody expected to be possible.
And with that Dr. Perdue came back bearing yet more good news. Tomorrow she will be taken COMPLETELY OFF her TPN. They will keep us long enough to make sure she is getting the proper nutrition she needs and then it sounds like we will get to go home THURSDAY OR FRIDAY!!!! Oh yeah, AND we will be taking the Minneapolis Children's Hopsital record for fastest recovered gastroschisis baby with us!!!!!!!!!!! Prior to this the hospital's all time record was just under 5 weeks. Yes, our daughter is indeed a miracle. And I can't WAIT to bring her home! Until next time.. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment