


Today we moved to the long term Ronald McDonald house. After seeing what the inside of that place looks like I'm not so sure Easton will ever want to go home. They have toys GALORE. Train sets and blocks and a playground and it even has a castle on the inside--yes, I said CASTLE. They also have a giant labradoodle, which he fell in love with instantly. Oh yeah, and our room has a spiral staircase leading to a loft. I'm not quite sure how we're going to get him to sleep tonight with THAT in our room. He is absolutely fascinated by climbing up and down those stairs. Oh well, I should just be thankful I have a kid that is still so easily amused, right. Our room is especially awesome because it is HUGE--we have FOUR beds to accomodate us and any guests we may have.
HOWEVER, I don't think we're going to have time for any more over night guests. While we were moving from the hotel to the RMcD house today I got a call from Dr. Mulrooney. He is continuing to increase her feed amounts and decrease the time between them. Her belly is at 1/3 capacity and he expects us to be up to FULL FEEDS within a few days!!!!!!! Soon we will get to start alternating bottle feeds with nursing. We couldn't have gotten any better news and of course we are THRILLED. Lee is leaving Sunday and hopefully we will only be a couple days behind him.
We have one beautiful son and one beautiful daughter, our family is complete. And HOME is in our near future! Until next time.. <3
1 comment:
I love reading your posts. I know what it's like to have a child in the NICU and, I can tell you, you are handling it with a lot of grace. It's amazing how resilient and strong these little ones are. I love that Easton can't keep his hands off of Ever in your family picture. Too cute! You'll be home soon; I just know it!
Elizabeth Beierle Fleming
Post a Comment