Saturday, March 24, 2012

"The most incredible thing about miracles is that they happen."

Home sweet home--the reason I haven't blogged since Thursday. And yes, I have caught plenty of hell for that. I realized our blog had gotten some pretty good response after noticing we broke 10,000 hits while we were in the hospital, which truly amazed me. Then yesterday when everyone finally got to come meet Little Miss Miracle, I caught even more hell from Grandma Ruby. Apparently she has been so excited to tell everyone all about Ever and every time she tries people say "Oh I know, I read all about her on the blog!" A grandma's bragging rights are something you definitely DON'T want to mess with, sorry Grandma! Then today I went and got groceries and picked up a few outfits for Ever. When I was in Herberger's the lady at the counter recognized us from the blog and rushed right over the meet the little miracle. She heard about our blog "from somebody who knew somebody who knew us" and had been reading all about it. I was absolutely stunned. So sweet lady from Herberger's and everyone else who is reading this--I can't tell you how much it means to us. We truly are blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives. I will do my best to continue blogging per everyone's request, but I can't promise they will be as frequent. Or as juicy. I'm not quite sure what the heck I will write about just yet but I'll think on that one. Feel free to send out topic requests if I start getting too boring! :)

So remember the day Ever was born when I mentioned Lee took pictures immediately after but we had chosen not to share them at that time? Well, we have decided that we would like to share them. Partly because I will be making this blog in to a baby book for Ever and I always want her to know how she entered the world and what she overcame in only two short weeks--and partly because I want you all to know how truly remarkable modern medicine and miracles are. So here you have it............. the very first picture taken of our daughter.

Miss Ever--with her large and small intestines, stomach, liver, colon, ovaries, and appendix all outside her body.


And here is her closure only two weeks later.


Is that incredible or what?! You would absolutely never even know there had been anything wrong. Her doctor told us that if I took her to a pediatrician 6 months from now that they wouldn't even be able to tell if we didn't inform them before hand. So for those of you who are facing challenges in your lives........I promise you, ANYTHING is possible. Just keep on fighting! I literally witnessed a miracle happen right before my very eyes. It makes me stop and think.. if SHE can do this in the first two weeks of her life, what are my excuses for anything I face? I have none. This little girl has set the bar mighty high. I can't wait until the day comes that my daughter tells me she can't do something. I will simply look at her and say, "You wanna bet?" Until next time.. <3

No comments: