Wednesday, March 14, 2012

We are having the best day EVER, pun intended.

I love when the day isn't even half over and I get to post BIG NEWS. This day has been nothing short of wonderful since the moment I woke up. It started off with a call from Sally, our social worker. As I said we've been staying in the Ronald McDonald house and were supposed to be getting moved today or tomorrow in to the one down the street but a room hasn't opened up yet today. Well, since Sally knew Easton and Lee were coming she decided to make arrangements for us to stay at the Sheriton hotel just down the street until a room opens up rather than the Ronald McDonald house in the hospital--so Easton can have a fun weekend of swimming and more room to play. Bless her heart, I thought that was so sweet of her.

I spent the morning getting my things together and had to move my car from the parking ramp of the hospital I delivered at over here to Children's. It is BEAUITUFIL outside. It makes me a little sad that we're stuck inside, but it was nice to get out for a few and breathe in some fresh air. I am also glad to be fully moved and parked over here. Though I know there is a lot of sadness and ill children in this hospital, it is still such a happy hospital. Bright colors, fun designs, windows to look outside. It's a far more happy place than the other hospital.

After I had all my "tasks" for the day completed, I came to Ever's room to find even more great news. They are going to be moving us to the room directly across the hall soon--the exact same room but it has BIG WINDOWS! That will be sooo nice!! Sometimes I go days without looking outside and it's amazing what just being able to look out does for your mood. But the REAL great news is Ever is now pooping. I know, I know--who wants to know when your kid poops, right? But in this case it's a HUGE DEAL, it's exactly what we've been waiting for! Our nurse paged Dr. Mulrooney (who hasn't made his rounds yet) to inform him and he was even more excited than we were. Little Miss Miracle will indeed get to start eating today!!!!!!!

She has literally flown through every single thing and this is the absolute last on our list. Once she is eating and digesting, we're out of here! And while I know that sounds like a simple process, I know that may not be the case. She will only get very TINY amounts--a few cc's every hour. She may get sick, she may throw up. She's never had food and her body has never had to digest it. None of us have any control over how that goes, it's all up to her body. It could take weeks or months--HOWEVER, I choose not to believe that will be the case. I'm ready and prepared for setbacks, but I know in my heart she'll come out of this one fighting too. I had a pep talk with her this morning. I said, "Listen Ever, you've got a lot of family back home dying to meet you. I'm giving you two weeks tops and then we're out of here whether you like it or not, got it?" She's a tough cookie, I'm sure she will listen. :)

While I know that our situation has so far been above and beyond what was explained to us by the doctors as "best case scenario", it still isn't easy. Ever and I are both going to keep fighting through and not stop until we are looking back on one hell of a journey. The harder we push and the more we fight, the more light I see at the end of the tunnel. But I also believe that you have to experience some clouds and storms before you can ever truly appreciate the sun. I have grown so much as a person through this and know it's not over yet and that I will continue to grow. Our family is stronger than ever and I am proud of what we've become. Lee and I will raise these babies based on love and each other. We will pass on our values and beliefs that the most important things in life aren't things at all. We will take time to laugh and read books and sing and play with our children. We absolutely promise to try to take as little for granted as possible. Though I've always been "this person", I'm glad this experience has opened my eyes even further. Thank you all for following us on this journey.. we are so touched that you have all decided to come along for the ride. Until next time.. <3

No comments: