Well, here we are--back from our emergency Minneapolis trip. Originally we were sent because the hole in BBK2's abdomen had grown considerably in only a week's time. After having a level 2 ultrasound done, that proved to be true as well as the fact that there are indeed new loops of intestines outside the hole. However, that is no longer our biggest concern. The baby has become low on amniotic fluid. She sent me home today on the condition that I will need two ultrasounds a week and if the amniotic situation has not gotten any better by Tuesday's appointment, it's back to Minneapolis to proceed with immediate delivery. Realistically the LAST thing we want at this point is to deliver a baby in this condition 2 months early, so if it DOES get better I will continue with ultrasounds twice a week and then be expected to relocate to the Minneapolis February 22nd and proceed from there with delivery plans rather than waiting until the first week of March. Either way I was given permission to take Easton to Mickey On Ice tomorrow, otherwise it's bed rest for me. Really, bed rest? With a two year old? Please. Like that's even possible.
How much can one be expected to swallow in one week? I am about as emotionally drained as I've ever been, and the hard stuff hasn't even hit yet. All this day-to-day "unknown" is really doing a number on us. I could be having a much-too-early-gastroschisis-baby in 5 days, I could be having a baby in 3 weeks--and have to be "prepared" at a moment's notice for whatever comes at us. And then of course you have to factor in the drive to the cities and unknown length of time away from Easton. Part of me thinks I'd rather just have this baby and then fight, rather than trying to fight this battle where I feel like I am continually sinking in bad news no matter what I do. But here I am, reminding myself.. Ashleigh, you've got two choices. You can beat this with a negative attitude or you can beat this with a positive one. I choose to be positive. We're just going to roll with it. In the mean time, I'm going to enjoy my "doctor ordered lazy snuggle time" with my little sunshine. Until next time.. <3
2 comments:
We're praying for you and the family, Ashleigh. Enjoy your snuggle time as much as you can! :-)
Your outlook and your attitude are amazing Ashleigh! You are an amazing mother and will continue to be. Enjoy the snuggling and try to take it day by day. I loved the comment you posted on facebook and would have to say that even though I'm yet to have a child I agree. Life's biggest blessing is the little lives God places in your hands. We'll be thinking of you and your boys all the time over the next few weeks. You're strong, and inspiring to us all :)
Post a Comment