Today I am feeling better. Exhausted, but better. Who knew that something emotional could phsyically drain a person so much? This hanging out in limbo of the unknown from day to day has been sucking so much out of me. Lee has been so great about everything, letting me sleep in every day and making sure I follow my "rules of bed rest" as much as possible--though I'm not very good about obeying when it comes to that. Bed rest is for the birds, I tell ya. Nothing worse than having so much on your mind and then being instructed to lay in bed all day.
At first I kept asking myself why, but now I ask myself why not. I can do this. I have fears of the situation--but no doubts. That's good, right? I keep telling myself it's ok to be a little scared since I know in the end we'll knock this one out of the park and bring home a healthy, happy baby.
And I want to take a moment to thank all of you who are reading this and following our story. As I type these posts, I feel this baby and what we are going through consuming me. All your thoughts and prayers and kind words mean more than any of you will ever know and it pushes me to just keep on fighting. Many of you I have never even met and the support I have gotten has been above and beyond what I could have ever imagined. I would never be able to do this without such a great support system and for that I will forever be grateful for each and every one of you. Until next time.. <3
"When you feel you're drowning in life's situations, remember: your life guard walks on water."
I have not only a head in my ribs but a little foot as well, while the other foot is soundly on my bladder. I can't imagine that being very comfortable, perhaps I'm carrying a ballerina.. :)
4 comments:
Ashleigh, I am a friend of Becky & Lacy's. I have been following your blog & just want you to know that I'm thinking about you & your family & praying for the best! I have never been through what you're going through but as a mom I can imagine the stress. I hope for the best for you!
I laughed out loud when I read about the placement of BBK2's feet! :-D
So happy to see you got some good news today!!!
Thank you guys. <3
Meag, I've had a head in my ribs and feet on my bladder for some time now but right before we got to the hospital, I felt like the kid was trying to get out on the left side of my ribs. I couldn't figure it out since the head was up and feet were down, but sure enough--the one foot was up there kicking away. :)
just know we are thinking about you guys <3!!
Post a Comment