I woke up Thursday morning to the first "winter weather" we've had all year. Ice. Slush. Snow. Wind. Lovely. The ONE TIME I have a long drive by myself and somewhere to be, of COURSE that would happen. So I cried myself to Bismarck, stopped off at the clinic for a shot, hit up Starbucks for the road, and was on my merry way. The roads were awful until Jamestown, but I made it all in one piece.
As I was on my way, I heard from my husband that my mom (who was meeting with a specialist that morning) found out she will need surgery days after my c section is scheduled to repair ruptured discs in her neck. Smooth sailing for all of us would just be too easy, right? This seems to be my life story as of late.
Friday I had a doctor's appointment, which was LONG. Probably the longest one yet, but an hour and a half of that was ultrasound time. BBK2 has low fluid still, but they've decided unless it reaches 5 (it's been consistently at a 6 or just below) or the baby's movement slows they're just going to let me go. Apparently now that I'm "only a quick ambulance ride away" from the hospital, we can keep plugging along in hopes of making it closer to my c section date. We will continue to monitor closely in case there are any changes but no matter what we'll be meeting BBK2 in 2 weeks or less.
I heard a song while I was driving here and it got me to thinking (feel free to click the blog title to hear the song). People keep telling me how strong I am and how impressed they are by my strength. Well, strength doesn't just happen. I feel like it's built..with time, exerpiences, and people. I believe I come from a long line of strong women and that I would never be who and what I am today if it weren't for them. My mom. Nana George. I know it hurt them both to watch me leave to fight this without them but the truth is.. they've already given me everything I need. The faith, the courage, the determination, and the strength to beat this. And for that I will be forever grateful. Until next time.. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment