Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Almost The End, But Just The Beginning..

Today I had what was supposed to be my last appointment with Jan. The amniotic fluid is right at the edge of the absolute cutoff for what is considered to be too low. Since it's not actually under that number and I am leaving next week for Minneapolis anyway she just added one more ultrasound before I go to be extra careful rather than sending me today.

It is all finally sinking in that I'm leaving in literally no time at all. Sunday I spent the afternoon in Garrison with all my family and that will be the last time I see any of them until I return home with a healthy baby sometime in the future. That's when it all really hit me. I cried myself to sleep Sunday night and have spent every moment since then attached to Easton like an extra appendage. Yesterday was truly terrible. Ok, not actually terrible since I'm home and we're all alive and well.. but I could hardly look at Easton without bursting in to hysterical sobs. Thank God for Skype, right? I also gave him the recordable book "All The Ways I Love You" and recorded my voice reading it with a special bed time message so I will still be able to read to him every night even though I won't actually be there. I keep telling myself that he's had me all to himself for 2 years and now BBK2 needs me to him/herself for a few months. It's a comforting thought, but the ache in my heart is still great.

Once again, I want to thank all of you for the overwhelming support. I think we are on every church prayer list in an 80 mile radius and I completely feel like we have our very own cheering squad. I just believe in my heart that God wouldn't ignore this many people. Next week I will be leaving for Minneapolis alone, but because of all you I don't feel quite so alone at all. Until next time.. <3


How I have been spending the rest of my days..

My little Picasso


A special Valentine present we made for Dad

No comments: