Saturday, April 21, 2012

I Go Back...

Who just finds their life long best friend when they are only four years old? Well let me tell you all a little story.. of two girls who were destined to meet and become sisters for life.



When I was four years old we moved from my grandparent's farm to Garrison. And as you all know from my previous post I was definitely a farm girl through and through. Which is probably why I hit it off instantly with the skinny little freckled face tom boy down the street who wore cowboy boots and Christmas shirts in July and danced to her own tune. It all started with raiding her house for "the good snacks" day after day for our "picnics" in the park. Little did we know that was just the beginning of a lifetime of friendship, craziness, and adventure..


Not only did we meet when we were four years old, but my mom was dating her uncle who she married years later. Which meant we were best friends who became cousins (which our family took full advantage of by making us serve punch for EVERYTHING), so we even got to spend holidays and family functions together. She is the family I got to choose, since she was my friend long before.



Doing what we do best..



We spent our entire childhood side by side.. climbing bales and throwing rocks at the cows (I swear to God they were mean and had it coming!), "dominating" the neighbor boys in football, watching videos every morning while we waited for the bus, and eating popcorn and playing poker every single day after school (to this day my mom will joke that she was afraid she'd need to find us girls a Gambler's Anonymous meeting before we were even in 5th grade).



Then came jobs, cars, and concerts (together, of course). That was literally our lives. The things we did for entertainment.. Like filling the inside of my car completely with paper towels and driving around like that. Or waiting in line for 8 hours in 107 degree weather in the direct sun to see Alan Jackson--yes, I will admit now we were out of our damn minds. We spent many days "broadcasting" at the lake. That means we walked around pretending like we had our own countdown on CMT because naturally we were far more entertaining than the hosts CMT actually had. I will never forget the one time I parked behind her at the lake and she didn't realize it and backed up--apparently at about 40mph, because the back bumper of her car was so lodged in my front bumper that our cars were completely stuck together. Only us, I know..


Driving around with paper towels..and yes, that is panty hose on her head.


She enjoys "posing".. especially in jumpsuits, apparently.



How could I possibly resist posting THIS?!



Then came graduation, college, new cities, boys, new friends, and even more adventures (you got it--together). I got married, moved away..She stayed in Fargo to persue more adventures of her own. But of course that didn't stop us from having our adventures together.. We got matching tattoos in honor of each other. She was there for the birth of my son. We went to hundres of concerts. Attended our FIRST Cowboys game. Traveled to San Francisco..



Crazy girls even got Grandma to do a shot with them!


COWBOYS!



Santa Cruz, California





Who just finds their life long best friend at the age of four? I did. My maid of honor, the godmother to both my children, my cousin, my soul sister.. My best friend. The girl I can have a full conversation with without either of us ever saying a word.

My maid of honor <3



Dearest Lindsay, my life would never have been what it is without you, full of craziness, color, and yes--adventure! I could not have asked for a more perfect person to grow up with. To have by my side through the best times and worst. And so today I would like to wish you a Happy 25th Birthday!! I love you more than you will ever know!! Until next time.. <3

1 comment:

Elizabeth F. said...

I remember getting your cars hooked together south of the golf course! We put one car in drive, the other in reverse and ended up burying both tires!