I know I promised to keep up my blog and believe me I'm trying.. but thanks to a certain handsome little someone this mama has had her hands FULL. Allow me to tell you a little story to help you understand..
A few Saturdays ago it had rained so Lee had the day off and we were hanging out at home enjoying the day together. Playing trains on the floor, watching cartoons, reading books, coloring.. It really was a great Saturday. That afternoon I decided to take a shower with Ever. I got in, got her all cleaned up, and then yelled for Lee to come take her so he could get her dressed. About 10 minutes later I was standing under the hot spray thinking about how nice those few moments of alone time were when my thoughts were interrupted by Lee hollering for me and by the tone of his voice I knew something was very wrong.
I shut the water off and went running (yes, soaking wet) out to the kitchen to find Lee hanging over the sink holding a screaming Easton and blood everywhere. He was yelling for me to get a towel for Easton's hand, which looking back is a little funny since I hadn't even grabbed one for my dripping self. Lee had been drinking a glass of water when Easton asked for a drink. He took the glass from his dad and turned to walk away and tripped and fell on it, slicing his palm open with the broken glass.
So once again, off to the ER we go.. Our first thought was to just have Lee take off with him while I stayed back but then we realized that wouldn't work since we needed to make sure Easton held the towel on his hand. Luckily Lee had just finished getting Ever dressed so she was all ready to go and I just threw on some clothes (quite literally) and a hat on my dripping wet head and off we went.
I sat in the back seat between the kids holding Easton's hand while he sang me songs all the way to Bismarck. This gave me a little time to collect my thoughts over what had just happened. If anybody else had been there to see this they would have surely thought we beat our children because thinking back I realized he was crying partly out of pain but mostly because he broke the glass. He felt so terrible about it and of course all I could think was "FORGET THE DAMN GLASS!".
Stitches went very well. He screamed bloody freaking murder when they gave him the shot to numb it, but sat there telling the doctor and nurse about tractors and combines and sprayers all the while they stitches him up. Oh yes, my little farmboy. Meanwhile this mom was sitting next to his bed with her head between her knees because she'd almost passed out. You'd think seeing my other child's internal organs would have toughened me up a little bit but alas apparently I'm still just a weenie. His doctor couldn't believe how good he sat (we didn't even have to hold him down) and told him we were welcome back any time and that he would gladly stitch him up whenever he needed. I told him to watch it as this child of mine is only 2 and this was already our second ERoom rodeo.
After he was all stitched up they sent us on our merry way with plenty of suckers, stickers, and his hand all bandaged. I was quite proud of my son for being such a little trooper. Until 3 hours later when he climbed up on my dryer and proceeded to dump 2 bottles of laundry detergent all over our laundry room floor. Clearly even a bum hand doesn't slow that child down. But that's a whole nother story. Until next time.. <3





No comments:
Post a Comment