the adventures of a nonconventional stay at home mom who swears like a sailor and drinks coffee like its oxygen
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Hurricane Lake Sakakawea
I hope everyone had a great and safe 4th of July! For once we made it through an entire 4th weekend with amazing, perfect weather--almost! Take it from me, words you NEVER listen to coming from your husband's mouth while in the MIDDLE of the lake are "I think the storm is going to go around us." We had been fishing all day at Douglas Bay and Lee decided to go in closer to town because there were some storm clouds coming in. We got close to the Marina and he decides he has to throw in his lines for "just a little longer". Being his 5 month pregnant and slightly pessimistic wife, I was not exactly thrilled with this idea and began whining. Finally he gave in to me (because it began to thunder and I was NOT happy!) and decided we'd get off the lake. It wasn't five minutes later we had everything packed up and were headed towards the Marina and suddenly we were being pelted by huge, heavy rain drops. He was shoving rain gear at me that I was trying to put on (even though I was entirely soaked already) while fighting the horrible wind and rain. He tried to drive the boat even though it was raining so hard we couldn't see anything. So as I lay down on the floor of the boat to shield myself better from the weather, all I could do was laugh and think about how lucky Lee is to be married to someone with such a good sense of humor! After all, he almost got himself a divorce that day! haha

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment