Friday, April 3, 2009

First Doctor Visit-FINALLY!

We were supposed to have our first appointment Tuesday, but due to the storm it was pushed back to Thursday. Boy does two more days of waiting feel like forever when you're horribly sick! Now I have this issue with being sick-I hate taking any form of medication and I have a hard time even admitting I'm sick. I tried my hardest to suck it up, but it just wasn't working. Morning sickness? I think a man must have invented that term! Try all day, every day sickness. I'd lost almost 6 pounds in 3 days, unable to keep anything down, sometimes even water. I'd also discovered Prenatal Vitamins are the DEVIL! Thursday morning when I woke up I could hardly contain my excitement to go see Anne. She took one look at me and gave me some amazing gel that you rub on your wrists to relieve nausea along with strict orders for Lee to call her if I didn't get any better because she knew I wouldn't. FINALLY, I could drink fluids and even eat again! She also said no more Prenatals for me for awhile and put me on Flinstone Vitamins-boy did I feel cool! Then it was on to bigger, more important things. The baby..was it another molar? I won't lie, I was scared to death as she sent us down to ultrasound. I think I had all my fingers and all my toes crossed! BUT it turns out everything is just fine! I cried and cried when I saw the embryo and that it had a strong, steady heartbeat. I've posted a picture of the little bugger. It's truly amazing how something so tiny can mean so much!!


No comments: