Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Exciting News!

So I discovered something exciting and new yesterday and I figured what better time to start blogging about it! For the past week I have been having some crazy dreams and I just had a gut feeling. The gut feeling was so strong that when I woke up yesterday morning, I took a pregnancy test even though I hadn't actually calculated if I was late yet or not. In about two seconds it was confirmed with a big 'ol line across the strip..I am pregnant! I wanted to scream, but in my head I'm thinking "be rational..you know better.." So I went to Minot later that day and did some grocery shopping, also picking up a green bib that says "I Love Daddy". I got home that afternoon and called to make an appointment with my doctor. Normally it woudln't take place this soon, but due to my previous experience they want to do an ultrasound right away.
So Lee arrives home later that night from work and I had made one of his favorite meals-tacos. I handed him the package, telling him I had gotten him a gift. He gets a funny look on his face and begins tearing through tissue paper. He pulls out the bib and with huge eyes says, "Are you SERIOUS?!" No, honey, I made it up for fun. C'mon! I hand him the second pregnancy test I had taken (just to be sure, of course!) and tell him our appointment is next Tuesday and he gives me a big hug. Finally! After all the waiting, here we go again! So here we are..pregnant, ecstatic, and knowing we shouldn't tell anybody for quite some time! So until its time for all of you to know, I'm just going to blog my progress and keep our excitement between us (and Auntie Lindsay, of course!). She already nicknamed Baby "the little turkey". Oh did I mention..we're due on Thanksgiving!!!!!!! Until next time...



No comments: