So here I am - about to try this blogging business again. New look, new approach. It seems I go in writing spurts, but lately I've come to realize a few things.
#1) My son is damn hilarious. As many of you know - few people in this life can keep me on my toes, and so the universe made damn sure to fix that. It sent me a naughty little colorful Easton so his mama would never be bored ever again. Or sane, for that matter..
#2) The world likes to hear about it. I get more messages and comments about the joy my children bring people by being their naughty little selves than I can even keep track of. So hey, I might as well give the people what they want - right.
#3) And last but not least.. While there are countless days that these damn kids of mine make me want to rip every last hair right out of my head one by one - these are all things I don't want to forget. Partly because I enjoy it and partly for payback. You know those famous words your mother always told you - "I can't wait until someday when you have a child just like you?" Well guess what - this son of mine is in for it one day. And his mother will be fully prepared to remind him why.
And with that I have a little story for all of you. The latest "issue" we are having here in the Kugler house, if you will. My son has a delightfully colorful mouth. Sometimes in a way that tickles the hell out of me - and other times (when choice four letter words fly) it mortifies me. But as anybody who knows me will confirm - I asked for this. And I have no choice but to take full responsibility.
Anyway, it first began with the word "crap". Not terrible, but also not something I wanted my newly 3 year old running around saying as a part of his every day vocabulary. So with the help of Jake & The Neverland Pirates he replaced "oh crap" with "oh coconuts". Now - he still slips once in awhile and I will catch him saying "Oh CRA- I mean oh coconuts!" Cute, right? Until we were sitting at the dinner table and he uttered the much dreaded four letter word that I hoped by miracle he would never pick up. "What the FUCK!" Yep, you read that correctly. Remember - I am taking full responsibility and owning this one as it is a word that flies far too easily out of my mouth. We ignored it at first but he said it again so on to Plan B - and we scolded him.
It happened a few times again and every time he got in trouble. So Mr. Too Smart For His Own Good divised a little plan of his own. He coined the phrase "What the FOX." Yes, what the fox. And what's even better - he says it, pauses for a moment, growls a little (you know - to make sure I know he actually meant to say fox and not the four letter version), and then smiles at me with that look. That look that says "I just pulled one over on you and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it because a fox is an animal and there is nothing wrong with saying it as long as I remember to growl when I say it". Yep, there you have it folks - my newly 3 year old son who is too damn smart for his own good and his mother who totally asked for it. And I know for damn certain my own mother is getting great pleasure out of all of this.
Until next time..
Mama A
1 comment:
Oh boy, oh boy! My son, Felix will turn 3 in April and already has said "oh shit!" Yep thanks to ME!! I can only imagine when he says the "F word"!!! These little boys really are too smart for their own good lol and my mother reminds me all the time that I am getting my paybacks lol isn't this fun?? But you have two adorable children who are the loves of your life and I know you wouldn't have it any other way! :) I love reading your blog and am happy to see that you are back!
Post a Comment