For those of you who don't know, Clay is my 6 year old cousin. And what a smart little 6 year old he is. You never quite know what to expect out of his mouth. Last night I stopped by their house to pick up his brother and sister for a movie, and I just had to share this conversation with you.
Clay "Ashleigh, can I see in your mouth?"
Me (half laughing) "Why do you want to see in my mouth?"
Clay "I just do."
So as I usually do, I humored him to see where the conversation would lead. I opened my mouth, waiting for him to comment on my nice silver fillings or something of that nature. All of a sudden he peers in and shouts..
"Hello Baby, this is your cousin Clay! Can you hear me down there?! I can't wait to meet you!"
By this time his mom had came in and we were both in a fit of giggles. The other two kids and I left shortly after for the movie, but I promised to come in to visit him one more time when the movie was over. I could hardly wait for the next conversation. By the time the movie was over, Clay had devised a plan.
Clay "Ashleigh, I'm going to write your baby a letter."
Me (touched at this point) "Awww, Clay, I think that sounds like a great idea. And then I'll be able to put it in his or her baby book."
Clay "Nooooo! You have to SWALLOW it so the baby can read it NOW!!!"
There is never a dull moment when Clay is around, and I hope you all got a chuckle out of that like we did! Here's wishing all you wonderful mothers a Happy Mother's Day..certainly you know what its like to never have "a dull moment"!
No comments:
Post a Comment